About us


PARS Tracker

Read More »

Importing into Canada

Read More »

Importing a Vehicle

Read More »

Exporting to the USA

Are you ready to go?

You have some parts that you need to send to California. This is the first time you have had to send anything outside of Canada and you are unsure how to start.

First, you should determine if you or your customer in the US will be responsible for the customs clearance and any applicable duties. If your customer is responsible you should find out the name of their customs broker and include this on your documentation. If you are responsible you will need to contact a broker to clear the shipment. As we are a Canadian Broker we are not authorized to clear shipments into the USA, we do however work closely with an affiliate in order to accommodate our customer’s needs in this area.

We can have an account set up for you with a US broker, supply customs documentation, advise US requirements, and arrange for transportation as needed. If there are any issues with your shipment, or the documentation we will work with them to resolve. Please note that setting up a US account can take 24 hours.

Are you ready now?

Okay now you have determined who will clear the shipment, what exactly do you need to enable them to do so? The following information is required by US Customs:

  • An Account with a US Broker
  • Buyer/Consignee full name and address
  • Buyer/Consignee U.S. Federal Tax ID Number
  • Country of Origin – accurate for each item
  • Description- clear concise descriptions ( is not descriptive enough)
  • HS Tariff number
  • Values/prices – ALL goods must have a value (even samples or n/c items)
  • NAFTA – if applicable must have valid Certificate of Origin
  • Currency – must advise USD or CAD
  • Pieces and weight – number of boxes or skids and weight

    If you have any doubts contact Michelle or Peter Phone: 905-829-7070  Fax: 905-829-8424

Does anyone else need information?

Certain products require further information for other departments. Following are just some examples, not a complete list:

  • Watches require a breakdown of the value/origin of the casing, battery, movements
  • Radios, electronic equipment require FDA – Radiation Control Forms
  • Clothing – special requirements such as Manufacturers name and address and the material content
  • Chemical articles require TSCA certificate ex: fertilizers, pigments, dyes, soaps, lubricants, waxes, glues metal bearing ores plastics in primary forms, such as liquids, pastes, powders, granules, flakes mineral fuels, oils, and tars; bituminous substances common household items, such as paint, cleaners, detergents, air fresheners, lubricants certain mineral products such as plastering materials, lime and cement – plus more

Can I go now?

As you are packing the truck you realize that all your skids are not going to fit on one truck. STOP - You must indicate exactly what is on each truck. You cannot just put the remaining skids on a second truck and use the same documents.

Your shipment is really small, you figure you will just take it in your van. STOP - Goods entering the USA must be carried by a carrier registered with the National Motor Freight Transportation Association and have their own SCAC code. Please see for more information.

I’m on my way…what now?

NAFTA - If you are claiming NAFTA for your product you must be able to certify that it qualifies if requested to do so.

MFG AFFIDAVIT - If your goods are made in the USA you may be eligible for classification under 9801 – US Goods returned, but must be able to provide a Manufacturer’s Affidavit if requested.

The legal responsibility for compliance with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) regulations is on the importer. Please note that the information contained is to be used as a guideline only and does not constitute legal advice.